13.4.09

Somebody help!!!

So...this is lame. But does somebody want to make me their project? lol
I feel really lost as to how to organize an intense exercise regime. I have only gone to extremes before, but really impossible ones, or else very purposeless random exercise, just to say I exercised, that is never consistent. I don't know how to make something that I'll stick to, and it realistic, but at the same time not this moderate, "exercise and eat healthy, and you'll be fine!" crap that has never worked for me either...
Like I want something that will give results in a decent amount of time. Or at least to know what the rest of you guys do, and how quickly you see results accordingly...

I have decided that the whole fasting, binging, purging, etc that I always slip back into will never have anything to do with whether I lose weight or not. Maybe at one time it did, but I really need to get this established for myself, I need to be tone if I'm going to accept being heavier than the ideals I used to have.

I dunno if this all made sense....
I just can't accept the idea of myself not looking at the very least 'just right' this spring/summer, and at my sister's wedding....
But I feel like I've always had such an out-there idea of what I must do for an exercise regime (which usually involved collapsing and ultimate failure) that I don't even know how to arrange it, not the first clue, now that I want to do this right....gawd....

5 comments:

  1. Right. What you need to understand first is that you can't JUMP into intense exercise! BUT you can gradually up the intensity.

    First, get yourself a pilates book/video. Pick five/six/seven routines and in the first week, do 10 reps per set for 2-3 sets twice a day for four days a week. Up the reps/set counts as the routines become easier or have less stress on the core/tummy area.

    Second--> you must RUN! actually, select three days of the week when you can jog/run intensely for 30 minutes and call that it. The other days, go for long walks (like brisk walk for 1 hour).

    For one day, take a break. You muscles work best at rest!

    ummm that's all I do. No arm toning/lunges...although I think I need to look at those as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's something I jacked from someone's blog eight minutes ago that I'm stoked to start doing:

    WEEK 1
    Make a 20-minute iPod playlist and do a different cardio activity (treadmill sprints, jumping rope, running on a trampoline) for each song. Switching activities will keep any one group of muscles from bulking up. “You should be dripping sweat and taking very few breaks,” she advises.
    Get crunching! Do these three moves on a mat:
    1. Lie flat on back, legs straight, then bend legs and pull to chest, feeling exertion in abs (50 reps).
    2. With legs at 90-degree angle, do 50 crunches.
    3. Lie with legs straight, feet apart. As you slightly lift one foot, crunch straight up and down; return foot to floor and lift the other while crunching. Do 60 times, each side.
    Tone Do 100 reps each, or 200 for moves that alternate sides:
    1. With feet shoulder-width apart, hold arms out in a T and rotate palms from -facing floor to ceiling.
    2. In same stance, bend one wrist and pull across body, arm straight, in a smacking motion across your body. Alternate arms.
    3. Then, with arms straight behind you, palms to-gether, snap your wrists from side to side.
    4. Hold a 3-pound weight above your head with elbow bent at a 90-degree angle. Then lift weight straight over head. Do all reps on one side, then switch arms.
    5. With weight in hand, hold one arm out in a T, bend at elbow to cover eyes, then straighten, keeping arm lifted. Do all reps on one arm; switch.
    6. Do grand pliƩs: Stand with feet -shoulder-width apart, toes pointing out. With hands on hips and back straight, slowly bend knees until thighs are parallel to floor.
    WEEKS 2–6
    Increase cardio 10 minutes each week, so by week six, you’re up to 60 minutes daily, plus toning exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, to both of you. My mom has a pilates book/dvd with demos somewhere she said. Plus I have an MP3 player with a workout playlist I made last night....

    The nice thing is that these don't seem too complicated or terrifying lol
    I think I'll come up with something consisting of details from both posts here!

    This is my flaw, I want to just jump into something, you know? I feel like I will risk not seeing results or something like that. But I need to get past that gut feeling or whatever it is I guess....
    It's been the same with my eating. I always thought I was naturally cursed or easily fatter than 'normal people' lol so I wasn't anorexic, I was just doing what I needed to do!
    I struggle with this thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha it's hard to not have an "all-or-nothing" mentality. but with pilates and workouts...you have to remember that to keep the momentum, you need to build up strength. With your back, yoga and pilates for 20-30 minutes per day will do the trick!

    as far as cardio goes, can you walk? a fast-slow-fast paced walk for an hour will definitely help! in fact, that might be better for your glutes and thighs in general (esp. saddlebags if you have any)...

    take it one day at a time, and keep it up for a week...then two weeks...then three weeks. you'll see, it'll work out if you workout (hahahahhahahaa)...

    bSve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just as a case study ;) I have been working out (basically ellyptical or freeweights) for half an hour 3 or 4 times a week, eating roughly 400-700 calories a day and have lost about twenty pounds in the past 3 months. slow and steady wins the race...

    ReplyDelete